The GPS Navigation For Dummies Device
Navigation Software and Map Data
Frequently Asked Questions
Note: Please buy the home AC adapter from our web site under "Where to Buy" tab and do not buy other AC adapter that is not compatible with the For Dummies GPS navigation product with the risk of damaging the device.
1. Resetting your system
Resetting your system is similar to restarting your computer. Occasionally, you may need
to reset your device. For example, you should reset your system when it stops responding
or appears to be frozen or locked up. To reset your system, press the Reset button on the
side of your device using the stylus or a pen.
2. Voice is too low or no voice from the device speakers
- If an earphone is in the earphone jack, you will not be able to hear a voice from the device speaker. Simply unplug the earphone from the device jack.
- To turn up the volume, press the Volume Switch on the side of the device.
- Check the Volume Setting on the device to make sure the voice is not muted.
3. Screen display problems
If the screen doesnĄ¯t respond with the device power ON, try the following in order until
the problem is solved:
- Connect the Vehicle charger or AC adapter (if available) to your device.
- Verify that the Backlight Setting is appropriate.
- Reset your device to see if the problem is fixed.
4. USB connection problems
If you have USB connection problem, try the following in order until the problem is
- Make sure that your device and your computer both are turned on before trying to establish a connection.
- Make sure that the cable is securely plugged into the USB port on your computer and on the device. Connect the USB cable directly to your computer.
- Reset your device before connecting the cable. Always disconnect your device before you restart your computer.
5. Power problems
If your device canĄ¯t be powered on when using battery power
- Make sure the power switch on the side of the device(FD-350) is already in the ON position.
- Check if the remaining battery power is too low to run your device.
- Connect the vehicle charger or AC adapter (if available) to your device.